Wednesday, August 3, 2011

17 Weeks

I know I didn't do an official announcement here on the blog (considering it's been FOREVER since I've updated), but if you are my friend on facebook you know that Carey and I are expecting!!  We will meet our precious little one in January (official due date is 1/11/12)!  I am 17 weeks today, and here's a little update.

Size of Baby: Baby Antoon is about 5 inches long, and weighs approximately 5 ounces.


Maternity Clothes: Some.  I can still wear most of my normal shirts, but they are quite snug!  I can only wear my normal pants if I use the "rubber band" trick or wear a belly band--I found these great ones called the "Belly Button" that have a button and button holes that match up to the button and button holes on your pants. This way, your pants are still "buttoned" and the belly band folds down over the top of the pants and looks like a long tank top hanging out under your shirt.


Gender: HOPEFULLY we find out next week!!  I've got my fingers crossed that Baby Antoon cooperates because I'm dying to know!


Movement: Apparently, I'm supposed to be feeling the baby move right now, but I don't know if I have. At this stage, the flutter that you feel when the baby moves is, supposedly, very similar to other stomach "gurgles."  I've been having some stomach issues, so "gurgles" have been happening a lot, and I'm not sure how to distinguish between those and possible baby movements.   


Sleep:  I'm sleeping really good right now.  I have at least one bathroom run in the middle of the night, but I usually fall right back to sleep (about two weeks ago, though, this was NOT the case).  I am definitely taking advantage of this sleep and enjoying while I can! 


What I miss: Oddly enough, the occasional glass of wine.  I was never a big drinker before, but I've been craving a good glass of wine when we go out to dinner on the weekends. 


Symptoms: Stuffy nose.  It's the worst at night when I'm trying to get to sleep.  I am also experiencing dizzy spells if I'm walking and change directions too quickly or turn my head abruptly.


Cravings: Not really having any cravings right now--more food aversions than anything.  Chicken...ugh, chicken!  I can't even hardly look at it...cooked or raw, doesn't matter!  Some things may gross me out one day, and then sound good to me the next....but chicken has been gag-inducing since the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment