Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wedding Wednesday

I realize that my one year anniversary is just around the corner, but I still consider myself a newlywed!  My wedding day was one of the happiest days of my life and the wedding itself was more than I could have ever imagined. Over the next few weeks, I'm going to do a "Wedding Wednesday" section to share the details of all of my wedding festivities.

Today, I want to share pictures from my rehearsal dinner.  My mother-in-law and some of her friends did an absolutely wonderful job putting this all together.  The dinner was held at a place called Lee's Catfish and Steakhouse.  I know, I know....it sounds awfully redneck, but it was absolutely perfect!  Lee's is a great low-key, laid back, restaurant that has great food, a large banquet room, and live music.  Carey is your typical outdoors man so my mother-in-law chose a fishing theme and decorated accordingly.


Galvanized buckets with the favors.


These are the adorable cookies that were given as party favors.  Obviously, I'm from Texas and Carey is from Arkansas.  Can you see the little silver beads located in Northeast Texas (where I'm from) and South Arkansas (where Carey's from)?  Now, do you see the yellow heart in Northwest Arkansas?  That represents Fayetteville--where we met and fell in love.  How.Cute.Is.That?!?!?!


My new family!  Terry (my mother-in-law) is on the right, MawMaw (Carey's grandmother) is in the middle, and Janet (she doesn't have a formal title, but she's Carey's mom's very best friend and is a HUGE part of our lives--she and her husband, Jim, are the absolute kindest souls you will ever meet!).


A nice shot of how the tables were set up and some of the decorations.


My mom and dad!  Love them soooo much!


Carey with his Dad (Pat) and his step-mom (Mandy).  I love how happy they look in this picture!  It's just proof of how wonderful this entire weekend was!


I love his picture of my sister (Whitney/Sister/Sissy) and her husband (Nate....aka: Nater, Brother, but he's known to most as "Sweet Nate").  Don't you love candid photos that catch such sweet moments?



Yes, I realize that this is a MOST unflattering picture of me, but that pretty much sums up my emotions for the entire night.  Carey and I took a moment to thank everyone for coming and this was the moment when I was trying to thank thanking my parents for everything that they had done for Carey and me, and for making my wedding so special.....buuuut, as you can see I barely made it through my speech without losing it.

Another amazing candid my photographer caught.  I absolutely love this picture with my parents in the foreground looking at Carey and me.


Yes, you don't have to tell me....CUTEST.PICTURE.EVER....I know!  This is Carey holding one of our flower girls, Presley Kate.  She loves her "Cousin Carey" and my amazing photographer caught them in action.

Well, that's all for the rehearsal dinner.  Next time on "Wedding Wednesday" I'll feature pictures of the actual wedding day!

Toodles,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment