Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Dirty Little Secret

I have a confession to make.....I, Erin Antoon, am addicted.  I'm addicted to torturing myself.  Let me explain.....

....I torture myself by online window shopping for things I cannot afford!  I do this for a lot of things--clothes, shoes, home decor, jewelry, and even makeup!  Clothing is where I spend most of my "window shopping" time so I thought I would share with you a few of my current obsessions.  I just want to clarify that I do not spend a lot of money on clothes.  Those of you that know me, know that I am an EXTREME tight-wad and very rarely have on an outfit that isn't mostly from Forever21 or Target.  I love a good bargain!  BUT, I also appreciate beautiful designer clothes--a girl can dream, right?!

I have an extreme love affair with Rebecca Taylor. While I do not own a single piece of clothing from her line, I consistently find myself drooling over her things online.  Here are a few of my favorite pieces right now (all of these images are from www.shopbop.com and you can click on the images to view or purchase!)

Seriously?! How cute is this dress?!? I would totally rock this to a wedding or a fancy party with a great pair of strappy heels.



Capes are huge right now and this cape is beautiful!  I love that it has that military look to it (also huge right now) and my favorite part is that it has the belt that can cinch in your waist.  While I love the cape trend, it can sometimes make you look larger than you really are....the belt on this cape would totally remedy that.



I have the luxury of being able to wear jeans to work everyday (don't be jealous!) and my go-to wardrobe this winter has been skinnies or jeggings with boots and a flowy top.  This would definitely fit in to my rotation of flowy tops!



Ohhhhh Rebecca, how you torture me!!!  The color, the cut, the ruffles....what's not to love about this coat?!?  Oh yeah, the ridiculous price tag! ha!



What a perfect little dress.  Not only can it go from casual to dressy with a shoe change, but it can also go from spring (with a cardigan), to summer (no cardigan), to fall/winter (with tights and a jacket).  I'm picturing it on a fun Saturday lunch date with the girls with strappy gold flats, a neutral palette makeup, and flowy waves. OR, throw on some fun wedges, darken the eye makeup a little and give your hair some bouncy curls and you have a great outfit for date night with your honey. Got a wedding you need to go to?! No problem...grab your go-to strappy metallic heels, give yourself a great green-black smokey eye, and pull your hair back into a soft, curly up-do. All you need are some banging earrings and you are good to go!


Sooo, my apologies if I have now gotten someone else hooked on this, but I felt like I needed to confess my little secret.  Maybe one day I will be able to afford these beautiful clothes, but until then, I will rock my thrifty outfits with pride!! 

Toodles,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment