Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Newest Obsession

In our new house, we have beautiful, honey colored hard wood floors.  We also have a beautiful, ebony colored "child" who sheds like it's her job!  If you've ever had hardwood floors (or tile for that matter) and an excessive amount of dog hair, then you understand my frustrations.  Sweeping with a regular broom did nothing but stir up the hair....I couldn't vacuum because it would scuff the floors......I was warned not to try to Swiffer because it would ruin the finish on my floors. **Sigh**  What's a girl to do?!

Enter, my mom!  Let me start by giving you a little insider information about my mom.  Mitzi (that's my mom) is the queen of all things cleaning!  At any given time, you can walk into her house and eat off the floors and give her baseboards a white glove test (which she will pass with flying colors).  She also has wood floors and a shedding dog so when she found out about me having wood floors in my new house, she introduced me to the greatest.invention.ever.....the Rubber Broom:


This beautiful creation dominates the dog hair in my house!  Instead of having long, straw-like bristles like a regular broom this is made of short, densley packed rubber bristles.  The rubber bristles form a wall as you pull it across the floor, but the key is the static charge that builds up at the same time.  Nothing gets past this bad boy....no dirt, no hair, no pesky little dust bunnies!  It even has a squeegie on the opposite side so it can be used to clean wet floors. It can be used indoors or outdoors....on wood, tile, and even carpet.....wet or dry.  Seriously, I can't say enough about it.  If you have wood or tile floors you need one of these brooms!

Now, if my rambling didn't convince you, maybe this will:


Yes, that is dog hair.....don't judge! Ha!  Okay, that's all I have for today.  Hope you enjoy your new rubber broom as much as I do.

Toodles,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment