Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our First Home

The hubs and I officially became homeowners on December 10, 2010 and it was such a great day!  We had decided to wait until Summer 2011 to start house hunting, but the interest rates got so low we thought it wouldn't hurt anything to go ahead and start looking.  We had been looking for a few months and were about to give up when our realtor took us to this house. As soon as I walked in the front door, I knew I had to have this house!

This is definitely a house that we will be in for awhile, and start our family in.  It's four bedrooms, and three baths--one of the bedrooms and bathrooms is a bonus room above the garage.  It has beautiful hardwood floors and wonderfully tall ceilings.  There are a few things that we want to change over time, but for the most part, it's perfect!  So, here's a tour of our house--these pictures were taken before we painted and moved any furniture in. I will definitely be posting more pictures as I finish decorating the rooms, but it's a slow process and each room is only partly finished.

Me and the Hubs on closing day!!

For some reason, the only picture I have of the entire front of the house is the one I took this week after it snowed.

This is the view of the living room as you walk in the front door. I'm thinking about changing the tile around the fireplace eventually....who knows....I'll probably change my mind 100 times before we actually get ready to change it.

The view of the dining room and front door from the corner of the living room.


Kitchen!  We plan on replacing the counter tops with granite and putting a great glass tile on the back splash. We've also been throwing around the idea of glazing the cabinets.  This isn't happening anytime soon, but it's definitely on the list of "Things to Change in the Future"!


Looking at the breakfast nook from the kitchen--please excuse the horrible picture quality.


Master Bedroom--this picture doesn't show it very well, but it's actually a pretty big room! I love it!


Master bathroom.  Yes, this room was FOR SURE painted before we moved in. This room is also the next room on our "To Do" list--we plan on changing out the brass fixtures. 


Guest bathroom....and me in the mirror. Ha!


Another picture of the guest bathroom.  At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about the wallpaper, but it's grown on me and I'm liking it more and more everyday.

One of the guest bedrooms downstairs.  This one has two closets in it, which you can see in the picture above.

This is the closet on the left in the picture above this one--the closet on the right has the hanging bars and a few more shelves. This picture doesn't show it very well, but this is actually a huge closet--I fit a full size desk in the bottom of this closet. It has officially been declared my "craft closet" and I could not be more excited to put it to use!

The other guest bedroom is the same size, but with just one closet.

This is the bonus room that is upstairs above the garage.  Since Carey works from home this is his office and it is also our workout room. 


The back deck (with the previous owners' furniture and grill still out there, ha!)


And, finally, the back yard!  No, that's not our dog....we took this picture and the one above during the inspection when the previous owners still lived there.

This is our dog child, Bradi:

Well, I hope you enjoyed our house tour.  Until next time....

Toodles,
Erin

1 comment: